The health of the eye is just as important as the health of any other organ. There are numerous conditions and diseases that can affect the health of the eye, thus causing you many problems. If you are willing to accept some tips and tricks on how to properly maintain a good eye health, we are happy to share some with you. For example, when it comes to eyelids, you need to make sure that you have a good hygiene routine which will help you avoid a condition called blepharitis. Blepharitis is actually quite common and it mainly appears when your eyelids get inflamed, red and swollen; also, you might notice some dandruff like scales on them. Those who are diagnosed with blepharitis will also deal with a burning sensation in the eyes. Some might just experience a minor irritation; however, it is highly not recommended to ignore the condition as it becomes worse if left untreated. You need to get treatment as soon as the condition is diagnosed and you are also recommended to follow a healthy routine in which concerns the daily care of your eyelids. Before we get to some tips and tricks for a healthy eyelid routine, here are the main types of blepharitis that you can deal with:
- Anterior blepharitis- it affects the outer edge of your eyelids.
- Posterior blepharitis- it affects the inner edge of the eyelids.
- Mixed blepharitis- you probably already understand, from its name, that mixed blepharitis affects both the inner and the outer edge of the eyelids.
If you are wondering what the main symptoms of blepharitis are, the list is actually a very long one but we will share some of the most common ones: burning sensation in the eyes, the eyelids will stick together, the eyelashes will abnormally grow, you will notice sensitivity to light, if you wear contact lenses, you will experience an uncomfortable feeling, the eyelashes can get crusty or greasy and they can even start falling. The list of symptoms, as I mentioned, is much longer but these are the most common ones that you will encounter. If you are willing to avoid blepharitis or other eyelid conditions and diseases, here are a few easy tips and tricks to follow:
- Don’t touch your eyelids before you wash your hands. Use a washcloth soaked in nearly hot water and place it over the closed eyelids for a few minutes; then, gently rub the margins with the same washcloth.
- Use special creams and eye drops which are meant to hydrate and lubricate the whole area. If you don’t know how to choose one or two products out of the many available, the experts at Brill Pharma will happily guide you. Visit them at https://www.brillpharma.com and we can assure you that you will find plenty of useful tips and tricks. You just have to follow these tips and tricks and put them into application; they will clearly work.
Follow these easy steps and the health of your eyes and your eyelids will clearly be protected.